Terms and Conditions
- Accounts are charged or billed on a one, three, six or twelve month basis on the first of the renewal month. Payment must be received on or before the 16th of the renewal month.
- Excess hourly usage over the plan allowance is calculated and charged on the first of each month.
- Telephone assistance during account setup and initial connection for one computer is included with every account. Ongoing assistance for one computer is included for issues relating to Internet access via PA Online.
- Telephone toll charges reaching PA Online are the Customer's responsibility. This includes toll charges due to incorrect numbers, misconfigured dial-up settings and telephone company toll restrictions.
- The account holder must be at least 18 years old. Access to the account by anyone under 18 must be under direct supervision of the account holder, who is responsible for all Internet access using the account.
- Accounts must be used lawfully and in accordance with all applicable Internet Acceptable Use Policies at all times. Unlawful activities as well as activities that cause PA Online to be unable to provide acceptable services to other PA Online subscribers (E-mail spamming, ping flooding, IP spoofing, bots, servers, etc.) will result in termination of the account. Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company and its employees of and from any claims, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees incurred, in connection with or related to Customers failure to comply with the ToS/AUP.
- All access must be interactive. Activities such as operating as a server, running 'bots' via the account, and leaving the connection active with no person at the keyboard are not permitted. PA Online will perform port scans on dial-up connections to detect server operations.
- Sessions that are idle (no modem data activity) for 15 minutes will be disconnected.
- Connections active longer than 4 hours may be disconnected when all lines are in use. Non-dedicated sessions active longer than 24 hours will be disconnected automatically.
- Measured usage accounts [all except Premium] may be shared and accessed from different locations (i.e. business and home) and may be used from two or more phone lines at the same time. Usage against the plan allowance for an account will accumulate according to the total number of lines in use by that account at any given time.
- 128K (and 112K) ISDN and multi-link PPP use multiple phone lines to achieve the higher speeds and will accumulate time on all phone lines making up the connection. A 64K (or 56K) ISDN connection uses one phone line and will accumulate time the same as a 14.4, 28.8, 33.6, or V.90/X2 connection.
- Multiple concurrent dial-up sessions including 128K ISDN and multi-link PPP via a Premium Access account for any reason will result in conversion of that account to an appropriate measured access plan. Prevailing usage rates will apply.
- The WWW home page and disk storage provided with the account are for personal or family (no service, product, or business) pages only. If accesses (hits) to your personal/family WWW home page exceed 1,000 in any one day, of more than 200 megabytes (about 5,000 pages) are downloaded from the page in one day, or if the personal page is used for business it will be permanently disabled.
- Unused time cannot be banked or carried over to subsequent months.
- Account upgrade requests can be processed and made effective either for the current or following month.
- Account downgrade requests will be effective the first day of the following month. A service plan downgrade within 4 months of account activation or upgrade requires payment of a $20.00 processing fee.
- Account cancellation requests will be effective on the first day of the month following receipt of the request. To assure accurate statement processing all account cancellation requests must be received at least 72 hours prior to the effective date.
- Cancellation of a pre-paid account will result in that account reverting to month-to-month charges for purposes of determining and calculating any refund.
- Payment by check must be received by due date indicated on the PA Online Billing Statement. If the check is not received by the due date access to the account will be suspended.
- Access to an account may be suspended when a check is returned unpaid or a credit card charge is declined. The account will remain suspended until the outstanding amount plus any fees owed are paid.
- Access time credit will not be given while account access is suspended.
- Cancellation or abandonment of an account does not release the account holder from paying charges and fees.
- Lost or stolen account access codes and passwords must be reported in writing within 48 hours.
- PA Online reserves the right to cancel an account at any time at our sole discretion.
- Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company and its employees of and from any claims, damages, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees incurred, in connection with or related to Customer's failure to comply with the PA Online Terms of Service.
- Use of the account indicates acceptance of these terms.